why spoon eat?
Edible cutlery offers two big advantages:
• It reduces the use of plastic. Plastic comprised nearly 20% of the waste sent to landfills in 2017. That is 2,124 tonnes per day—the third largest category of waste in Hong Kong (Waste Reduction Website, 2018). Plastic bags, plastic dining ware, and PET bottles top the list. Only 6% of plastic is recycled. Plastic garbage takes 450 to 1,000 years to break down, and in the meantime, it can be mistaken for food by sea and land creatures. It is ruinous to our planet.
• Edible dining ware is safe not only for the environment—it's safe for you! Our cutlery is made from natural materials, with neither preservatives nor artificial flavours or colours. Lab tests are conducted to ensure its safety.
Ingredients: wheat, sorghum, corn starch, sugar, salt
Size: 32mm (w) x 128mm (l) x 6mm (d)
Expiry date: Please see the packaging.
These products are manufactured in a facility that uses peanuts, nuts, eggs, milk products, wheat and soy protein.
Conducted in Hong Kong Laboratory
• Store in a cool and dry place.
• In a bowl of hot soup (90 degrees), the spoon will begin to soften in 10 minutes.
• Each piece may vary in weight, +/-1gram.